Monday, December 12, 2011

A little update (and a LOT of cheating)

Hello friends!  I've been again "busy" but thought I'd take time out of my "busy" life to write a blog post! I wrote one today on my iPad but then it got lost somewhere so now I get to rewrite it!  I have been making photo books in iPhoto every month and then ordering them.  This does two thinks.  A) documents my time here and puts my photos an preservable format and B) keeps my parents happy to see my pictures and share them.  If you find my mom, you might even get to see them too!  It also does a third thing: lets me cheat on blog posts.  Every day I write what I did in past tense, preserving thoughts and feelings as well with keeps my activities and and pictures organized.  


Last week: 


On Sunday I thought we had nothing planned but I could not be more wrong.  My host family took me to ride a train and see St. Nikolas.  It was cool and a great idea for children.  We then drove to a little Christmas Market where we walked around for a little bit.  On our way home, we stopped at an art gallery.  We stayed much longer than intended and Emilia and I were anxious to get home.  We got home, played some games, hung out, baked cookies and then went to bed.  A very fun day and packed full of German culture.  Monday I went to an AFS activity in which I watched a presentation on Malaysia.  It was very cool.  Tuesday was St. Nikolas day and we woke up to find our shoes filled with yummy treats.  We then went to Emilia’s school and enjoyed a cute little Christmas show.  Wednesday I was feeling sick and got to bed early!  Thursday I got my visa, went swimming, and enjoyed theater practice.  I had such a busy week.  Friday Emilia was at a sleepover, Sammy was due home very late, Sven was working overnight, and Edda was at her Mom’s.  Needless to say, it was quite and relaxing.  Absolutely perfect.  I went to bed and got ready for a full day Saturday.  Saturday we picked up Emilia and her friend Maxi and went to a Christmas Market.  When Emilia is around her friends she shows off.  This results in an annoying, crazy, horrible form of Emilia that leaves us all ready to kill her.  Now this combined with a tired Emilia was no picnic and Maxi was no picnic either.  What’s worse is I sat in between them in the car.  At least the Christmas Market was cool and set in older times.  I enjoyed some almonds and looking around.  We made Angle ornaments and then headed to the theaters to see Puss in Boots.  We returned home and collapsed.  It was a fun day and we all got to sleep smoothly! 


This week so far:



Sunday morning Emilia went over to Annette’s to play with her grandson, Sven went to work, and Edda stayed with her mom.  Sammy was reading in church so we went to support her and then came back and enjoyed the quiet.  We spent the day relaxing until there was a problem with the train and Sven had to come home early with Edda.  No more quiet girls day for us! Monday I only had 4 classes at school and was home early.  I wasted time on Facebook, at snacks, and napped.  It was beautiful.  That night we went to Theater practice.

Wow, that was easy!  I'm currently awaiting a package from my mom and grandma that I thought would arrive today.  I think now that its the holiday season (or as they say in Germany: Christmas season) mail is a bit slower.  I got my Grandma's christmas card today and my Aunt Julie sent me a Christmas Email.  Its not the cute Baby Pictures and the endless letters from people I've never met but my parents know but I'm very happy to have that part of Christmas still.  Well, I have Theater practice in two hours.  I could A) take another nap B) work on sending out a photo email C) nap.  Hmm
Zzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment