Friday, July 1, 2011

I'm learning to dislike PDFs

So today AFS-Germany e-mailed me three PDFs.  a "Welcome Booklet" which was way more of a full blown novel, a "fun" Safety Tips" Packet and "Host School FAQ."  Basically what I learned was basic German I already knew, information they went over at the orientation and some common sense written out.  I spent quite a while combing through the 27 page "booklet" where I found nothing but errors.  I could tell it was written in German and translated without a good proof-read.  In stead of Luggage, you'd get a Language.  "Be sure your Language is no more than 20KG"  It was crazy.  Oh and I got an e-mail telling me my Application Advisor was leaving AFS in good terms and I will be soon getting a new one.  That's all from AFS.  No host family info, no idea as to where in Germany I'll be or when I'll be leaving the US.  All I know is sometime in late August to early September I will be outta here.  Thanks AFS.  (It really isn't their fault, I'm just impatient)

1 comment: