Saturday, October 8, 2011

A month already?

So I've been here a month and it went fast, which I'm pleased with. I decided if this year goes fast, its better because then I had a ton of fun, right? So in the past month I have received three packages and one letter! Yesterday I opened one from my Mom and Grandma and one from my Aunt Carol! Both had American junk food! So now I have a pile of junk in the corner of my room with Goldfish, Chex Mix, Oreos, Chocolate, Cotten Candy ect. So you can imagine how happy I am. Its amazing how much I miss American food. I found Special K at a grocery store and can't wait to have some!
So basically I'm always tired. Whenever I yawn my family goes "Du bist müde????" and I say "Ich bin IMMER müde!!!" and then go one to explain that with all the German my brain is learning it gets tired easily. They were satisfied with that response.
Now what have I been up to, you may ask. Well I went to the Baltic Sea with my family. Samantha stayed behind to take care of the animals and to avoid a fight with our parents! haha. I had a blast! They took me to an Aquarium and to a small town with shops and to some really cool swimming pools. Being the land lover I am, you wouldn't think I'd be jumping at the idea of going swimming two nights in a row, but with the places we went to you can imagine why I loved it. The second place was better. It was adventure themed and every hour for 10 minutes one part of the pool became a wave pool! It had 5 really great slides, three hot tubs, tunnels, and the coolest decorations ever! I had a blast!
Today we went Mushroom Collecting in the woods. That was exhausting. I wasn't nearly as good at finding them as Emilia but I still did a quality job. It was really fun but I was happy o get home. I'm excited to hear the results of the Iowa-PSU game and get more letters! If you get the chance, please write!

No comments:

Post a Comment