Sunday, October 2, 2011

My Life Story (for the past two weeks) Bridged

So I have to think back to last Tuesday, when my last post was. I was SUPER homesick and ready to go home. Now I would consider staying even if someone paid me to go home. It depends on that price though. haha. So Samantha had a great time in Prague and I loved it when she talked all about it because by her tone she was super happy. It was fantastic. So we played Carcassonne a few times since then but not a ton.
So the next week went by with very little tears. It went FAST too, which means I was having fun so fast is good! Um Monday and Tuesday were normal days and Wednesday was much more eventful. My Liaison, worried about my homesickness, asked to meet with me and thats the time we found. I went and her dog reminded me of Ruby which is where the few tears came from, and were talking very few. I told them that I had developed a cat allergy and they offered a change in Host Families. I was told to thin about it. So before going to my Liaison's house, I decided to finally go and find myself a Döner. After asking my sister how, I found my way. Its the best thing ever. SO describing it is hard but basically its this sour dough pita bread type thing that is toasted. Then it is Pig, I think, shaved off and then it has cucumber, tomato, onion, lettuce, this really amazing white sauce, more meat, I think. All I need to know is that it's amazing! So I ate that and it was incredible. Friday was Emilia's seventh birthday. We got up extra early to eat breakfast as a family and that's when presents were opened. I left school early (missed Gym!) and went to Potsdam for Late Orientation Camp with AFS. Camp was great. We went into the center of Potsdam and saw a really famous castle I don't know the name of and went shopping and ate ice cream. We talked about fun things and did plenty of fun energizers! I had a blast!
At one point I found myself homesick for my Host Family, that's when I knew there is no way I'm moving. My Family is one of a kind and I just love them! Things are great here! I also started getting mail! I got a letter from the Soltis Girls which was super great and a Package from Deb Kerr with a brand new quilt she made me! It has really made my bed here feel like mine and extra cozy! It's also super pretty and super exciting! It was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment