Sunday, October 30, 2011

Trick or Treat? No Neither is not an option!!!!



Week 7 started with a trip to a zoo. We drove to one near Berlin. It had few live animals but a Dinosaur Garden with a Volcano and a huge carnival type place. I ha a bunch of fun with Bumper Cars and small spinning rides that made me sick. I came home exhausted and was in bed, sick at 7:48pm. I stayed home from school the next day with Sammy, both of us sick and tired. We watched TV and hung out. A very nice day.

Wednesday my Host Father, Emilia, Edda and I all went swimming. We went to a pool in which was salt water instead of chlorine. It was super warm and super wonderful. They had a beautiful fountain outside and it was s blast. I had a great time.

Saturday came and I went and got some Horse Back Riding lessons. What an adventure! I was thrown off my horse and just got right back on and have a few more times in which I had to stop my horse from flipping out. It was scary but luckily I did not find myself too hurt.

I also received a package from my mom with movies, TV shows, winter clothes and lots of food. I was super happy and it made my “I miss America” blues subside. I was pretty upset about the thought of no Halloween but I'm headed to a Halloween party tonight with an older neighbor and that should be fun. Usually I'd turn down the party but because it will be older people but I think my chances of being the only sober one is very slim. I have some candy corn to share (I don't like the stuff but it's great for atmosphere) and will be dressing up tonight (who knows what yet) so at least I'm getting something close to my favorite holiday! I'm super pumped. This weekend was surprisingly warm. Sorry for sending our coldness towards State College but I hope you have a wonderful White Halloween and be sure to send me pictures! I just LOVE Halloween costumes!

3 comments:

  1. I want to swim in that pool! It looks sooo nice and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emma! I'm Germany bound on Thursday. I hit the Boyer's Candy outlet in Altoona and I have some treats for you! I'm also considering some grilled stickies and maybe some goldfish, depending on what I can fit in my bags. Please share with the host family (I know you will).
    --Heather

    ReplyDelete