Saturday, October 22, 2011

Week 6



Week six started with a trip to “Kletter Wald” in Müritz. It was a place in which offered multiple different high rope courses that included rope ladders, zip lines, thin bridges, wires to walk across, and swinging foot holds to walk across. It was a blast and I was sore from holding onto ropes with my arms and climbing such difficult obstacles. I was very pleased I had bought some gloves! I had an absolute blast and was very happy. We stopped at a little country store and restaurant. It was very cute and awesome for souvenirs!


Monday school started back up again and I was determined to fully participate. Thinking my language development had come a long way and equipped with school supplies, I had the fast realization that I didn’t understand all but 10 words in each class. I was, however, given some 7th grade German homework by my German teacher which proved very tough. My French/English teacher made me level one German sheets which were much more manageable but just as challenging! She was an awesome help and gave me something to do other than read on my iPad. It was also helping me figure out the German language and was neat because I wasn’t learning the same curriculum as I did in my German class in the US. Very cool, and a great week. I also had my first conversation this week. It was about Harry Potter and Breakfast and was in German. I was so happy.  

My host family also welcomed to baby guinea pigs that were born to one of the ones they already owned. It was very exciting and every day we went to check on them. We will keep them only if they are girls. We don’t want anymore babies so no boys allowed! Very exciting. Friday night we went to a Laternenfest where honestly I was to oldest kid there. We walked around our village behind a fire truck with homemade paper lanterns that were lit either by candles or special electric lights. We finished with a hugh bonfire and party where there was waffles, french fries, wurst, and steak. There were also plenty of alcoholic drinks, hot wine, and soda. It was a blast (but a tad chilly out). I had a great time and enjoyed a little hot wine to warm up. The next morning, there was frost on the ground! Brr! 

After a late breakfast, Emilia and I went to a family friend’s house where we cleaned their horse and rode it from Kunow to Beckenthin. It also was a lot of fun. I rode Tamera, the small horse, there while Emilia walked along and then we switched on the way back. It was again, a blast! It was a crazy week but it went fast and then there was my month and a half point! My German is improving and that is good. I had a bit of homesickness Friday afternoon but as all my homesickness did, it passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment