Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What the heck have I gotten myself into?

School is so much fun! Everyone keeps speaking English to me. They want to know how their German is. I think that I'm letting it happen until I make some good bonds and switch strictly to German. I have English Class tomorrow and I am very excited. I met this person today named Lucas. Everyone has said "there is no one like Lucas" I was told he LOVES exchange students, especially ones that speak English. Alright. So once a month (I think, I understand about 10% of what goes on in my life currently) everyone from my school goes to a club and parties. Samantha said I could go to it if I liked, basically persuading me to go. AFS tells me to try new things, but that is very very very new. We'll see how this goes. German life is so different. I'll just give you an example. So Samantha started dating this guy, oddly enough named Max, like 2 days ago. Yesterday she was home at like 7:30 from school. Her parents asked for a picture. Today she was telling me how to get to school on my own and was getting ready to go somewhere. She was packing a bag with clothes and such. She grabbed her Camera and said "hmm If they want a picture I'll take one of him naked so they'll never ask again." I, out of pure shock said, "My parents would KILL me if I showed them a picture of a boy naked!" she said "What!?!? Aren't you allowed to have Sex?" I was quick to say, "NO! and I don't want to either!" WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN MYSELF INTO? Today I was asked if I was Protestant or Catholic. I said "I'm Presbyterian" I was also asked if I believed in God. This place is just so different. I need to go shopping. I stick out like a sore thumb!

For the record, I still love it here. I really only share the exciting stuff. My conclusion so far is Germans make weird noises and are CRAZY. I don't even want to see these people drunk.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Emma...I can hear your voice in this blog!
    LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your are so brave and glad to hear so far so good. I got my hair cut yesterday and Mary Ann said she could never to what you are doing.
    You are getting a great education school and socially.
    Take Care!
    Love you lots.
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete